VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by St1llMatt3R

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get Duke Nukem Manhattan Project working on Windows 10 and I have the retail disc for this game. After installing the game, I clicked on the exe nothing happens. Is there a patch or fix that I could use to get this game to run on Windows 10?

Many Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It may not work because of the safedisc copy protection not being supported on Windows 10:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Duke_Nukem: … nhattan_Project

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾

Reply 3 of 5, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Steam version works fine on Windows 10. It's currently delisted, probably because of that whole Gearbox debacle, but you might still be able to get a key for that somewhere.

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 5 of 5, by K1n9_Duk3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

... or you could buy the game on Zoom Platform for a fiver. It's the only store still selling digital downloads of the old Duke Nukem games. From what I've heard, "they have a perpetual license to sell the Duke games that Gearbox cannot revoke". I have never used Zoom Platform myself, so don't bother asking me anything about it.

By the way, I just installed the full version of DN:MP that I got from the cover disc of a gaming mag on my Windows 10 machine and it worked fine (using DirectX, 1024*768, windowed). This version, coming from a cover disc, obviously doesn't have copy protection. I haven't tried my other copy of the game (retail release, probably using some sort of copy protection, but not necessarily the same one as your copy). That means the game itself should at least start under Windows 10 (64 bit) once you get past the copy protection.