VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi
Last year i installed the old Actua Soccer 3 and also UEFA Champions League 2004-2005 on my pc. I decided to play them again today but now they do not work - previously they did work, and for UEFA i had to use a no-cd to get aroudn the broken securom drm (i have the phsycial discs pleasse note, )

now when i try to run Actua Soccer 3, its just dead in the water, will not start and an attempt at install blocks me saying the game is incompatible with Windows NT (I have win 10) this happened last time, but i could just set the compat setting to windows 95 in the setup and it would proceed - this does not happen anymore

I tried NHL 2004 which also did work fine before but now it will crash as soon as select any menu option.

i tried then UEFA champions league and discovered that it will run, but onl until after the introduction and it iwll crash before the menu comes up. I am attempting reinstall and just notice something that did not occur before - a window comes up showing the Flash Player icon and an exclamation mark next to it.

and i just noticed that adobe has blocked adobe player from running flash content as of January 12 2021.

would this be the cause for various old games of mine now not working any longer?

Reply 1 of 2, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Probably a few things
Flash went end of life start of the year so can imagine that may become troublesome.
https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/flashplayer … nd-of-life.html

Also what version of windows 10 are you using?
Latest one was released in October but may have only been applied more recently and broken backwards compatibility in the process?

Reply 2 of 2, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

my version of win 10 is 2004; however the problems i was having with various games seems to have been that for some strange reason the no-cd cracks i was using seemed to no longer suffice and i have to put the original cds in the drive also - an annoying inconvenience, but i guess not related to Flashplayer (or is it?)

the only games now i cant seem to get working anymore or NBA Live 99 and Actua Soccer 3 ,