VOGONS

Common searches

Where I can download original "Road Wars" [Phenom Production | Warcry Corps | 2001]?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by anonym_012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I try to write it correctly as I can so that everyone understands what this speech is about: Years passed for a long time and forever, yet I just can't find this game from the Internet. After downloading other sites, it gives a virus or gives the wrong game, it really upsets me and I am sad because of this. Does anyone have a disc for this game? Does this game work fine? Is it allowed to leave a link here to download original of the game? Please can anyone help me? Why am I looking for this game? Because this game turns 20 this year (eh, how old I am...). What is all this for? It's true, no one knows this game and has never played them... On the network no one is actively discussed about this, there is nothing at all, everything connected with this game. But why is all this so quickly forgotten? The gameplay of this game on the network is less, but others are still lacking. I played this game since childhood, I actually had a disc, but it was lost and was never found... I just thought about it and decided this: I want to replay this game and shoot the entire walkthrough, post all the videos on the Internet, maybe someone was interested in this masterpiece... I really don't know which program to download so that all this can be filmed, which ones do you recommend? Are there any good programs among them?. I hope not the only one who knows this masterpiece. I would be happy to communicate with everyone and have a good time together.

Reply 1 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You shouldn't have a problem finding it, multiple copies for sale on Ebay and its available through other means.

It's not allowed to leave a link here on VOGONS on where you can download a copy (unless the game was made free), so can't help you there unfortunately.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 3 of 21, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROAD-WARS-Combat-Rac … me/284121974320
$8.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Road-Wars-2001-PC-Game/143333550438
Or $10 + shipping in the big box.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ROAD-WARS-Rare-Class … OX/360508413960
Or $17 + shipping new in the big box.

Reply 4 of 21, by anonym_012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Believe me, my friend, it was a long time ago. I remember summer in 2017, I ordered the same box that is shown inside everything as shown in the photo (but not this seller). Waited 2 months, the post office called us that the order had arrived and I go to the post office, paid and took the check (I lost the check somewhere on the way or on the bus, I don’t remember where exactly) I take it and return home. I open the box and imagine how happy I was until I found out what was inside... I see - emptiness and some one letter that the seller put in the box. I open the letter and read : "Thanks for paying us $350. I sent you an empty box, so have fun with your empty boxes. loser!"... After that I was very disappointed and angry because of this (and threw the payment card out the window, the date expired a long time ago and I no longer use it), I can't believe how they checked the box, which was just empty. But - I'm not sure if this seller can be the same deceiver (it can be one of three sellers) that I do not know.

Reply 5 of 21, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did you put in a mail fraud case? Did you call the card company and put in a charge back?

Guessing you didn't buy it off of eBay.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 9 of 21, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I almost think the OP is a troll. Said they threw out the payment card because it was expired??? If so, how did they use it to pay $350 for this game.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 11 of 21, by anonym_012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes, I filed a complaint about mail fraud - they said "Everything was stolen from another mail from another country, in the end you got an empty box" (How to say: Opened it carefully, stole everything they needed, closed it and re-glued it with scotch marks). Of course, I called the company servicing the card, and the money was not returned... it turns out that the cards were also deceived (I don't need it anymore, someone has spent it on something long ago). All this is useless.

Last edited by anonym_012 on 2021-02-25, 08:47. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 12 of 21, by anonym_012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I didn’t pay $350 for an empty box or copy, but for a game, disc, manual handbook and all (As indicated in the description). And in the end - I got nothing. So I'm looking everywhere how and where to download the game. And I do not trust online stores and do not even intend to.

Reply 16 of 21, by anonym_012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MrEWhite wrote on 2021-02-25, 14:40:

Just buy the game on eBay. It’s not expensive.

As I said, I no longer use credit cards, I then realized that all the cards are fake and with this it will not bring good benefits. I've been thinking and asking myself a question: How do gamers (young or old, no matter) manage to download an old game from the 1980s / 1990s or 2000s, where and which sites are the most? I don't know anything about this, can you tell me which sites are convenient (only without steam, egs or other official nonsense)? I try to asking a question as normal as I can.

Reply 17 of 21, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
anonym_012 wrote on 2021-02-25, 16:37:
MrEWhite wrote on 2021-02-25, 14:40:

Just buy the game on eBay. It’s not expensive.

As I said, I no longer use credit cards, I then realized that all the cards are fake and with this it will not bring good benefits. I've been thinking and asking myself a question: How do gamers (young or old, no matter) manage to download an old game from the 1980s / 1990s or 2000s, where and which sites are the most? I don't know anything about this, can you tell me which sites are convenient (only without steam, egs or other official nonsense)? I try to asking a question as normal as I can.

You cannot legally download this game, you must buy it physically.

Reply 18 of 21, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Generally you can buy alot of the old games digitally from Steam or GOG. Others are readily available for sale on Ebay/Amazon for a low price. Then there are those games that do not have a digital release and are hard to buy a physical copy of. Many people go hunt on abandonware sites to aquire them. I will admit I've done the same, especially for games that I just need to test for hardware support and have no intention of playing.

Due to VOGONS policy we cannot help you list those sites. Even a direct link to archive.org which is a grayzone site is not allowed (they brand themselves as a library/archive site and have alot of good legal stuff, but they also have material that is available for download which is copyrighted). The only thing I can recommend is that you either find this on your own or ask on another forum which have different policies.

Last edited by vetz on 2021-02-25, 17:04. Edited 2 times in total.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 19 of 21, by anonym_012

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
MrEWhite wrote on 2021-02-25, 16:44:

You cannot legally download this game, you must buy it physically.

I have no other choice to buy physically, I live in another country. I don't know how it will turn out: trust this store-site and deceive myself again (second time)

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-02-25, 23:20. Edited 1 time in total.