VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 48, by kasfruit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't quite understand the dictatorship in this forum
I didn't share any link I just told @Sphere478 the way to find the software utility he was looking for.
I can't PM you (more censorship) but maybe you can PM me.

Reply 41 of 48, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It's not very hard. Don't mention or post links to such software if you don't agree then don't use these forums.
Windows XP is not free to download just because you think it should be.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 42 of 48, by LSS10999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
kasfruit wrote on 2023-06-28, 16:28:

I don't quite understand the dictatorship in this forum
I didn't share any link I just told @Sphere478 the way to find the software utility he was looking for.
I can't PM you (more censorship) but maybe you can PM me.

It's difficult to say. I should have pointed out that you should avoid mentioning things like those in this forum, the brief moment I read the now-deleted posts.

Personally I had got myself into hot water several times because of the problems around those things in some other forums, and that was a long time ago.

There are better places to discuss about those, just not here. And plus, for these things, Google will NOT help you. Use some other tools like DuckDuckGo.

Reply 44 of 48, by kasfruit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
LSS10999 wrote on 2023-06-29, 00:37:

Personally I had got myself into hot water several times because of the problems around those things in some other forums, and that was a long time ago.

There are better places to discuss about those, just not here. And plus, for these things, Google will NOT help you. Use some other tools like DuckDuckGo.

no thanks, that Duckshit is not meant for me.

the discussion was about Paragon GPT loader and I shared a possible source for download (without links)

I don't use it myself but it may be useful for others that are XP fans like me or that got into trouble with the WS2003 system files

Reply 45 of 48, by ediflorianUS

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know this is not probably the best topic , but how do I re-do/rebuild the data tree on a broken partition on a 1 TB drive? (it see's the partition under T.d. for example, and I can access there) but it won't save the file-format so I can access from a normal explorer....

BTW , for NAS I am using a cheap ZyXEL NSA310S , it works fine with evrything , even broken sata disks.(saved me a few unformatable disks).

My 80486-S i66 Project

Reply 47 of 48, by LSS10999

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
slowmf wrote on 2023-07-05, 02:11:

Question: is it better to have a drive strictly for gaming or okay for the OS and games to be in same drive? I plan to run a 2tb ssd with no partition.

I don't think this is the right place to discuss this. This thread is more about getting GPT disks working properly on XP. Formal GPT disk support only came to be since Windows 2003, though not for booting, and probably still limited to 2TB or less.

Still, I don't think there is any noticeable difference for SSDs with OS and games being on the same drive or different ones. Most systems only ship with a single drive after all.

EDIT: I'm making this edit to avoid double-posting.

kasfruit wrote on 2023-06-29, 02:04:

the discussion was about Paragon GPT loader and I shared a possible source for download (without links)

I don't use it myself but it may be useful for others that are XP fans like me or that got into trouble with the WS2003 system files

I did manage to find someone who uploaded the Paragon GPT loader to the Internet Archive. You should be able to easily find it via DuckDuckGo search.

It appears Paragon GPT loader, at least the officially released versions, had serious issues with accessing files located above 2TB. More contexts about the issues can be found here and here.

Haven't tested it, but according to the one who uploaded it to the archive, despite using the patched driver, Windows may not boot if more than 2TB data is written to the disk. Not sure what exactly the issue was, but in overall using disks larger than 2TB with XP is not a good idea regardless of which option you use (be it GPT loader or Win2K3's files).

kasfruit wrote on 2023-06-29, 02:04:

no thanks, that Duckshit is not meant for me.

DuckDuckGo is indeed inferior when it comes to mainstream stuffs. If you want to search mainstream stuffs and privacy is not a concern for your search context then stay with Google for those.

It is certainly useful, however, if your search topic involves something sensitive, especially when it comes to things that would run into dee-emm-*censored*-A.

Reply 48 of 48, by kasfruit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone got a large HDD with 4Kn sectors ?

they are mostly enterprise disks https://www.westerndigital.com/products/inter … hdd?sku=0B36400

I know that some external enclosues may turn any disk into a 4kn one but I don't actually know which ones for a fact

I really want to know if XP would be able to format them without using this unreliable GPT patch