VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MagikGimp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did consider posting this question on pouet, and I may still do but for these specific graphics cards companies' demos I tend to find you lot are more knowledgeable about such things.
I recently sold an old graphics card (damaged it turns out, sadly) and noticed on the back of the box that it had a bunch of screenshots:
y4mfri8qqioSfb8ujL92qgAh-kUNeD2-deU2aOlex26C26zcmv3lNo29GYLoj_nhDX7U-v0pCK0lVYygA_-W33P1eUpBUBUQ3VvKIX9A-SCUghdR2ETj5SV8XYCFYBxyjL4qfh8ZyPyJWwinr8uNwOILkZJM6O93J06OjoPPxULjS8JSJmP82RZO2l6UxIidpeC?width=5274&height=3416&cropmode=none
The last 5 I know and they're easy to find on nvidia's own demos page but the other three have me stumped. I should think they have to be other nvidia demos considering the card, the other shots and that clearly being nvidia's logo in the first pic, so why can't I see anything like them in the list? Are those demos so old that nvidia doesn't want people to bother them asking why they don't work on modern hardware? Is anyone aware of them and where, if at all, they can be downloaded as I'd love to try them. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MagikGimp wrote on 2021-03-25, 02:15:
I did consider posting this question on pouet, and I may still do but for these specific graphics cards companies' demos I tend […]
Show full quote

I did consider posting this question on pouet, and I may still do but for these specific graphics cards companies' demos I tend to find you lot are more knowledgeable about such things.
I recently sold an old graphics card (damaged it turns out, sadly) and noticed on the back of the box that it had a bunch of screenshots:
y4mfri8qqioSfb8ujL92qgAh-kUNeD2-deU2aOlex26C26zcmv3lNo29GYLoj_nhDX7U-v0pCK0lVYygA_-W33P1eUpBUBUQ3VvKIX9A-SCUghdR2ETj5SV8XYCFYBxyjL4qfh8ZyPyJWwinr8uNwOILkZJM6O93J06OjoPPxULjS8JSJmP82RZO2l6UxIidpeC?width=5274&height=3416&cropmode=none
The last 5 I know and they're easy to find on nvidia's own demos page but the other three have me stumped. I should think they have to be other nvidia demos considering the card, the other shots and that clearly being nvidia's logo in the first pic, so why can't I see anything like them in the list? Are those demos so old that nvidia doesn't want people to bother them asking why they don't work on modern hardware? Is anyone aware of them and where, if at all, they can be downloaded as I'd love to try them. Thanks.

The first one looks like this : https://web.archive.org/web/20000606024202/ht … sFrame?OpenPage

Reply 3 of 3, by Garrett W

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That 2nd pic was everywhere at the time, I remember seeing it in a magazine article pitting the GeForce2 GTS against Voodoo5 5500, but it's actually a promo shot from the cancelled Ultima Online 2.