Common searches

First post, by ReignerDeustcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nascar Legends
Grand Prix Legends
Need for speed II SE

If i run the install from the autorun it does nothing, i've already tried the compatibility in the setup. exe

Reply 1 of 3, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ReignerDeustcher wrote on 2021-03-28, 02:30:
Nascar Legends Grand Prix Legends Need for speed II SE […]
Show full quote

Nascar Legends
Grand Prix Legends
Need for speed II SE

If i run the install from the autorun it does nothing, i've already tried the compatibility in the setup. exe

Probably the executables are 15-bit. NFS2SE setup is 16-bit and you need OTVDM to run it on 64-bit Windows. If the problem still exists or you are using 32-bit OS, go to the Details tab of Task Manager, right click on the process, select Wait Chain and see if there's any process listed in Wait Chain. If the process is not an important one, just end it and the setup should start.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 3, by Dancsi40

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Some older games (from Windows 3.1/95/98 era) have 16-bit installer (setup.exe) that you can not run on 64-bit Windows.

On a 32-bit Windows, you can enable NTDVM in Control Panel - Programs and features - Turn Windows Features on or off.

You have to download "winedvm" then drag and drop the 16-bit game installer on the otvdm/otvdmw.exe and the setup will launch fine.

Reply 3 of 3, by ReignerDeustcher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2021-03-28, 06:15:
ReignerDeustcher wrote on 2021-03-28, 02:30:
Nascar Legends Grand Prix Legends Need for speed II SE […]
Show full quote

Nascar Legends
Grand Prix Legends
Need for speed II SE

Probably the executables are 15-bit. NFS2SE setup is 16-bit and you need OTVDM to run it on 64-bit Windows. If the problem still exists or you are using 32-bit OS, go to the Details tab of Task Manager, right click on the process, select Wait Chain and see if there's any process listed in Wait Chain. If the process is not an important one, just end it and the setup should start.

thanks, that worked