VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ///alpine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to make win 98 Gaming Machine but im not sure if its good for it. Any answers?

Reply 1 of 3, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
///alpine wrote on 2021-03-28, 15:18:

I want to make win 98 Gaming Machine but im not sure if its good for it. Any answers?

That part number is that of a PIIX4E . That chip can be found on multiple motherboards paired with one of several AGPsets .

With all due respect, providing a model number from a random chip on a motherboard is not going to help you get useful information about gaming suitability .

Please provide a motherboard model or a good photo of the motherboard .

If the machine is a from a big brand (Dell, HP , Packard Bell, IBM, etc), the model number of the PC and the brand name could be provided instead .

Reply 2 of 3, by ///alpine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
darry wrote on 2021-03-28, 15:53:
That part number is that of a PIIX4E . That chip can be found on multiple motherboards paired with one of several AGPsets . […]
Show full quote

That part number is that of a PIIX4E . That chip can be found on multiple motherboards paired with one of several AGPsets .

With all due respect, providing a model number from a random chip on a motherboard is not going to help you get useful information about gaming suitability .

If the machine is a from a big brand (Dell, HP , Packard Bell, IBM, etc), the model number of the PC and the brand name could be provided instead .

GA-6BA is the motherboard. Can't take a picture right now but i think name can help a little bit

Reply 3 of 3, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
///alpine wrote on 2021-03-28, 17:43:
darry wrote on 2021-03-28, 15:53:
That part number is that of a PIIX4E . That chip can be found on multiple motherboards paired with one of several AGPsets . […]
Show full quote

GA-6BA is the motherboard. Can't take a picture right now but i think name can help a little bit

That is a very nice board that will likely handle most Windows 9x era games very well when paired with a decent compatible CPU and good video card .

Games released around 2001 and later may require a faster machine for optimal performance at high resolution , but that is Windows XP territory, IMHO .