VOGONS

Common searches

Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Rotterdam

User metadata

Anybody please help me cause I have been trying to get this thing running on xp for a year now...
The game stops in the openingscreen. This screen is cut into two halves. Curiously the right side is on the left side and the left side is on the right side!
I have tried to use vdm but it gives the same result as the normal compability settings ax xp...
Anybody help..please!!!!

Reply 1 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not really the right forum for this as it's a Win9x title and has nothing to do with VDMSound. Will check and see what I can find out.

Update: Not much to find out. Found "ripped" version. Tested, seems completely silent, but seems to run fine with "compatibility mode (chose "Windows 98" and "Disable Visual themes"). Did not see the video error you described. Could be a video driver compatibility issue.

Reply 3 of 12, by Rotterdam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry about placing it in the wrong section and thank you for the effort you allready put into it. 😀
Is it possible it has something to do with the tft (ftf?) flat screen I have? Its a daewoo. Futher on the pc is a microstar and I have this GeForce....
I have tried the compatibilymodes but it does not have the result...
I have even tried to install windows 98 but then I did not get the monitor working anymore...

Reply 5 of 12, by Rotterdam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

NVIDIA geforce3 ti 200
Is this the video driver?
I recently updated the latest software (dec 3) but again no change...
There might also be something with the pci simple communications controller. I seem to have it but I lack the software and I dont know what it is for...

Reply 6 of 12, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Your driver version can be found by going to Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced and is on one of those tabs. (I'm on my laptop which has an ATi card in it so I can't tell you the exact name of the tab, but I know it has the nVidia logo on it.) Chances are, if the software you say you updated was, in fact, the driver package, you should have Detonator revision 40.82.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 11 of 12, by Helen_C

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, there. If you want download the Ultimate Soccer Manager 98/99 check out this link:
HELLO I LIKE TO POST LINKS TO GAMES ON THE INTERNET! I'M SORRY BUT I HAD PREVIOUSLY POSTED A LINK TO SOFTWARE SO THAT PEOPLE COULD ENGAGE IN COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT! I HAVE REMOVED THE LINK AND AM VERY VERY....VERY!!! SORRY FOR MY ACTIONS!