VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by NarakuITA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I should install this program. I have the English version. Does anyone know how to get the Italian one? I'm trying to find it on archive.org, but can't find it, even on the old Microsoft site. Actually I don't know how to access the page in Italian. Can anyone help me?

Reply 1 of 6, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I cannot find Dial Up Networking 1.4 for Italian Windows 95.
Here is the URL for Dial Up Networking 1.4 for Italian Windows 98: https://web.archive.org/web/20060622230741/ht … IT/dun14-98.exe
Here is the URL for Dial Up Networking 1.4 for Italian Windows 98 SE: https://web.archive.org/web/20060622231634/ht … IT/dun14-SE.exe

Note: I have not tested these files. I only found them for you.

Reply 2 of 6, by NarakuITA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A thousand thanks! Strange that we didn't do them in Italian.
I should switch to windows 98se.
I wonder out of curiosity Win 2000 sp4 is already integrated or should I find it?
The idea of installing Windows 2000 has been on my mind for some time.
Question: How do you navigate https://web.archive.org and find the stuff you need?
I can never find anything, or little or nothing!

Reply 3 of 6, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Windows 2000 and Windows Me have a totally different networking stack than Windows 95, 98 and 98 SE. Windows 2000 and Me do not need DUN 1.4.

Navigating archive.org is slow. Successful searches are never guaranteed. Usually, I first search for an old URL using Google and then directly enter the old URL into archive.org's Wayback Machine. In this case, I used Google to figure out that, in 2002, Microsoft's Italian homepage was microsoft.com/italy. I could access microsoft.com/italy through archive.org. From the Italian homepage, I navigated to the Windows product page, then the Windows 98 page, then the Windows 98 Downloads page, then the DUN 1.4 information page and finally the DUN 1.4 download page. The script on that page doesn't work anymore, so I had to View Source to get the URLs for the Italian DUN 1.4 files. Luckily, archive.org has those Italian DUN 1.4 file URLs, even though navigating to them through the archived Microsoft webpages was impossible.

Last edited by STX on 2022-06-15, 01:13. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 4 of 6, by davidrg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Googles Usenet archive (groups.google.com) can be handy for finding URLs too if what you're after can't be found via google web search or if the URLs you have found weren't captured by the internet archive. Sometimes stuff was mirrored on other servers and someone might have mentioned one of those mirrors in a usenet discussion.

Reply 6 of 6, by 1541

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry to disappoint you, but for Win95 only the English version of DUN1.4 was released.
It works on other languages as well but will make some portions of Win95 (DUN) English as well.

💾 Windows 9x resources (drivers, tools, NUSB,...) 💾