VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In replying to this thread, I realized that there is a file missing in this thread. At the bottom of the thread, FL_Freak posted a now-defunct MediaFire link to Mok's patch for Ultimate Pinball. Although I did not attach that patch to the thread, I did download the patch. I will attach a copy here, but could a mod attach the file to the appropriate thread and delete this thread? Thank you kindly.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Good job fixing links and uploading files! We need this for future retro enthusiasts! 😀

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 2 of 4, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks. DosFreak likes to keep things tidy.

On a second reading, I realize that there are in fact two files missing from the thread I mentioned above. Zebius posted a now-defunct MediaFire link to Mok's Version 1.3d Balls of Steel patch in the thread. Happily, I also have that file, and I am attaching it below. I would suggest posting this Version 1.3d patch in addition to the Version 1.3c patch given the experimental nature of Mok's patches (i.e. some users might find the Version 1.3c patch works better for them). Thanks again.

Attachments

• Filename
    BallsOfSteel13d.exe
    File size
    1.29 MiB
    Downloads
    36 downloads
    File comment
    Mok's Version 1.3d Balls of Steel Patch
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0

Reply 3 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've unlocked the thread so you can do what you like, if the patches are needed then you should look into seeing if patches scrolls are interested since hosting files here isn't ideal.
Note that a thread where you have to dig for info isn't a great idea so a new thread may be best for now, with links in the other threads to it.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 4, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a crazy time figuring out what was wrong with this game and we find that the memory issues reside due to the exclusivity feature use of Win9X heap. Mok's patch and EmulateHeap made the game work exactly the same, if I hadn't left any table to test.

Coming to the topic, I feel there can be some Internet Archive Vogons site where things are preserved. Also the patch is there on "my abcdedfg ware" site, so that could be a place where patches are uploaded for availability.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058