Common searches

First post, by joeguy3121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

CD-R: Verbatim CD-R 700MB 52X DataLifePlus

Application: ImgBurn

Any answers?

Last edited by joeguy3121 on 2023-01-04, 07:40. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 3 of 7, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If it's a .cue/.bin >700MB then you write it using software that supports "overburn" and hope that the disc can handle it. If it can't, you try different cd media until you find one that does.

Again, if this a simple cue/bin. If the files are something more complex from software that tries to deal with copy protection etc, like leileilol mentioned, you identify which program it is and let it write its image back.

Reply 4 of 7, by joeguy3121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
konc wrote on 2023-01-04, 07:18:

If it's a .cue/.bin >700MB then you write it using software that supports "overburn" and hope that the disc can handle it. If it can't, you try different cd media until you find one that does.

Again, if this a simple cue/bin. If the files are something more complex from software that tries to deal with copy protection etc, like leileilol mentioned, you identify which program it is and let it write its image back.

The CD-R I'm using is Verbatim CD-R 700MB 52X DataLifePlus and the software I'm using for burning is ImgBurn.

Does the CD-R I'm using supports overburn?. I should've mentioned I'm new at all this.

Reply 5 of 7, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
joeguy3121 wrote on 2023-01-04, 07:37:

The CD-R I'm using is Verbatim CD-R 700MB 52X DataLifePlus and the software I'm using for burning is ImgBurn.

Does the CD-R I'm using supports overburn?. I should've mentioned I'm new at all this.

ImgBurn will do overburn by default (or ask/inform you about it, but in any case not immediately fail)
I don't know about the discs or the writer though, you have to try and see. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. There is no guarantee that something like this will work.
You haven't mentioned yet what you are trying to write, if it's a simple cue/bin pair or more files, its size (overburn will work for a couple of megabytes, but it won't succeed writing 1GB of course), and what problem you are facing exactly .

Reply 6 of 7, by joeguy3121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
konc wrote on 2023-01-04, 07:46:
ImgBurn will do overburn by default (or ask/inform you about it, but in any case not immediately fail) I don't know about the di […]
Show full quote
joeguy3121 wrote on 2023-01-04, 07:37:

ImgBurn will do overburn by default (or ask/inform you about it, but in any case not immediately fail)
I don't know about the discs or the writer though, you have to try and see. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. There is no guarantee that something like this will work.
You haven't mentioned yet what you are trying to write, if it's a simple cue/bin pair or more files, its size (overburn will work for a couple of megabytes, but it won't succeed writing 1GB of course), and what problem you are facing exactly .

I want to write Windows 95-98 games with CD audio tracks in bin/cue files going over 700MB such as Heretic II to my blank CD-R discs. I already know how to do so for games under 700MB but not more then that.

The write speed I use is 2.4x., is that too slow?.

Reply 7 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I‘m closing this topic as it breaks the no warez on Vogons rule.
If the question were how to backup your CD that is larger than 700MB, sure. But you asked how to burn images of games…

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper