VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by alexclaudiu2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, i have a pentium 4 pc with Ati Radeon 9250 (128 bit) + 3dfx VooDoo2 card and Windows Millennium.
When i try to play screamer 4x4 i recive the folowing error with all startup: Screamer4x4 has caused an error in kernel32.dll
I tried with Nvidia card and it works but nvidia card don't like because my case it's a slim fit and nvidia card are 64 bit.
Also i tried with Ati Radeon 9600 pro (open case) and the same error, i also put oldest drivers and latest drivers, i unnistalet the 3dfx video card, but nothing.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 7, by RandomStranger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is it from GoG or retail? Have you tried a different driver version?
I found that game to be very picky both on ATI and Nvidia side.

sreq.png retrogamer-s.png

Reply 3 of 7, by alexclaudiu2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried from archive.org with and without the official updates and the gog version. It works perfectly on any Geforce card. I also tried with a voodoo 2 and ATI video card without having the ATI driver installed and it didn't work.

Reply 6 of 7, by alexclaudiu2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jasin Natael wrote on 2023-10-09, 21:11:

What driver versions have you tried?

Almost all versions. I tested with ati radeon 9550, 9250, 9600 XT and ATI FireGL T2-64

Reply 7 of 7, by alexclaudiu2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello dear friends, I have solved the problem. I installed an older driver, ati radeon catalyst 4.7 wme
Unfortunately, I am now having issues with the terrain textures in Battlefield 1942