VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by rfnagel

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

(To the admins and mods: Sorry for the forum cross posting, I figured that this was pertinent for the "Windows" as well as the "DOSBox Games/Apps" subforums)

I posted this message thread almost 14 years ago -> [Solution] Running BAO's Tower Under Windows XP SP2/SP3 , a solution to running BAO Tower under Windows XP. Fast-forward to today:

I hadn't played the game in eons, and recently tried it under Windows 10. I had the same issues as described in that message thread ("Error reading airport information" when starting the game, resulting in a program crash), but the solution doesn't work for Windows 10.

I ALSO tried installing the game in Windows 3.11 running under DOSBox, but ran into the same issue... "Error reading airport information" when starting the game, and a resulting program crash when trying to play a new scenario (or loading a previously saved one). Under Windows 3.11 in DOSBox the error message for the program crash is an exception error.

Does ANYONE have ANY IDEA how to get this beast running under Windows 10, or Windows 3.11 running in DOSBox? I REALLY MISS playing this old gem!

Rich ¥Weeds¥ Nagel
http://www.richnagel.net