VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The widescreen fix already comes with dxwrapper which has its own d3d8.dll file, so I can't just copy over dgvoodoo's d3d8.dll. Renaming either of them prevents them from working.

It is possible to do a double-wrap, first from d3d8 to 9, and then from 9 to 11 with dgvoodoo2, but I'm trying to wrap directly from 8 to 11.

This is the widescreen fix:

Filename
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin.zip
File size
2.42 MiB
Downloads
38 downloads
File license
CC-BY-4.0

P.S. I tried replacing dxwrapper with Ultimate ASI Loader, but the game fails to load.

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Alright, figured it out.

1. Copy over the content of the widescreen fix, except for d3d8.dll.
2. Rename dxwrapper.dll and dxwrapper.ini to d3d8.dll and d3d8.ini.
3. Open d3d8.ini, and change both D3d8to9 and EnableD3d9Wrapper values from 1 to 0.
4. For RealDllPath, change AUTO to dgd3d8.dll.
5. Rename dgvoodoo's d3d8.dll to dgd3d8.dll, and then copy it over.

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 2: An alternate method:

1. Copy over the content of the widescreen fix.
2. Create a new text file, name it d3d8.ini and add the following text:

;; Config file for Stub to dxwrapper
[General]
RealDllPath = dgd3d8.dll
WrapperMode = AUTO
StubOnly = 0
LoadFromMemory = 0

3. Open dxwrapper.ini, and change both D3d8to9 and EnableD3d9Wrapper values from 1 to 0.
4. Rename dgvoodoo's d3d8.dll to dgd3d8.dll, and then copy it over.

Reply 1 of 1, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm trying to switch from dxwrapper to Ultimate ASI Loader, but am having trouble making the widescreen fix work.

I tried ASI Loader version 5.6 down to 5.0 but they either don't detect the fix or the game fails to load.

Version 4.68 does work, however, apparently only when it's named winmm.dll. Other names cause the same issues as 5.0-5.6.

This is ok, at least now it works, BUT, having MSI Afterburner+RTSS in the background breaks it and the game loads without the fix applied. Both Global and Hitman2.exe detection in RTSS are set to "None".

I'm wondering if it's the fix itself that's causing all these issues.