VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VintagePentiumGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently got my hands on a new toy, a Gateway Solo 9550. However, after installing an OEM copy of Windows ME, I quickly noticed there was barely any documentation on the laptop, and since the original gateway site is down, the video drivers are unreachable. I was able to source drivers from the 9300 for other things on the laptop using the Wayback Machine, but as the 9300 uses an entirely different graphics chip from the 9550, I was unable to find anything. Scouring the internet, I was able to find some info on drivers for other Geforce 2 Go laptops (Dell), however it appears the drivers are all machine specific and caused Windows ME to have a brain fart. This is my last resort to finding any information on drivers for this laptop. I really don't want to have to sell this or give it away, it's a really pretty thing. Anything is helpful.

Reply 2 of 10, by VintagePentiumGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
giantclam wrote on 2023-10-30, 01:35:

Try some of the files bottom of this page -> https://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php … riverid=1732730

This website claims the 9550 is a cd drive, which it very obviously is not. I'm almost 100 percent certain that is a virus

Reply 4 of 10, by VintagePentiumGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
giantclam wrote on 2023-10-30, 22:51:
No, it's how it's written -- that's the cd driver, bottom of that list is other drivers, one being the graphics drivers. I put […]
Show full quote

No, it's how it's written -- that's the cd driver, bottom of that list is other drivers, one being the graphics drivers. I put the graphics driver .exe through virustotal.com online scanner...

AF1ub1N.png

I see, I'll try it later today when I get time.

Reply 5 of 10, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found some for mine that worked, but I want to say they were from a Dell. The driver worked just fine however.
All of the others that I found either wouldn't initialize or had scaling issues.

Reply 6 of 10, by VintagePentiumGaming

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jasin Natael wrote on 2023-10-31, 21:39:

I found some for mine that worked, but I want to say they were from a Dell. The driver worked just fine however.
All of the others that I found either wouldn't initialize or had scaling issues.

Can you find what model the drivers were from?

Reply 9 of 10, by Jasin Natael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VintagePentiumGaming wrote on 2023-11-02, 03:02:
Jasin Natael wrote on 2023-10-31, 21:39:

Can you find what model the drivers were from?

I will try to boot it up and take a look, but I want to say I got them from Driverguide.

Reply 10 of 10, by Bruno128

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VintagePentiumGaming wrote on 2023-10-30, 01:16:

drivers for this laptop.

Given that it is a GeForce after all, doesn’t the 45.23 just work?
For definitive answer attach pci device/subsys id (available in AIDA/Everest/NSSI/HWiNFO/…)

Now playing: Red Faction on 2003 Acrylic build

SBEMU compatibility reports