VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by alexclaudiu2003

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello dears, I have a SFF retro system with Windows Me, Radeon 9250 128 bit low profile and a 12 Mb Voodoo2. I play most of the games on the Ati Radeon card with very good performance by disabling VSync in the catalyst control panel, Colin Mcrae 2.0 have 90+ fps with high settings. All good and beautiful, less the game Toca 2. As you can see in the pictures, with Radeon and Vsync off, I have 999 fps and the menu is going crazy (run to fast). Running Toca2 on Voodoo 2, I have 155 fps and no problem with the menu, but the game looks ugly on 800x600. Is there any possibility to force Toca2 to have vertical sync on or some settings to make it look better on VooDoo2?

VooDoo2.jpg
Filename
VooDoo2.jpg
File size
712.62 KiB
Views
File comment
VooD002
File license
Public domain
ati radeon.jpg
Filename
ati radeon.jpg
File size
714.14 KiB
Views
File comment
Ati Radeon
File license
Public domain

Reply 2 of 2, by Rwolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can you not lock the VSYNC on in the Catalyst control panel? Don't you get visible tearing with it off?
I'd think the 999fps could be just a maximum displayable value, and the program cannot compensate for what the actual fps is.

The Voodoo2 does not have higher resolution on it's own, but with 2 in SLI config you can get up to 1024x768, not sure it it is enough for you.