VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I can install this game although I'm unable to start this game on Win 10 as it asks for the original DVD to be in the drive, I am using the original DVD. This game uses Nvidia PhysX but my graphics card is an RTX 2080 Ti I don't know if this can work on this card, I've tried compatibility mode set to Win XP SP3, SP2 and Vista, and running with admin privileges. I've uninstalled PhysX and the game so I can download the latest Nvidia driver for the 2080 Ti while I see if there is a response here but it might be a while my internet is slow tonight in the country. Some sites say to copy the Physxloader.dll and the 64 bit version to the root of the game folder I tried this too.

Reply 1 of 2, by FX506

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The "put DVD in drive" error is probably not related to the Physx files, and is most likely cause by the game's TAGES copy protection not working properly on windows 10. Try using this updater:

http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=5.5.htm

Alternatively, you could try searching for a no cd crack (which I can't link here due to forum rules) or, if you don't mind spending money, get a digital copy from GoG or Steam, as those releases have removed the TAGES Solidshield DRM.

Reply 2 of 2, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pretty much all forms of physical media copy protection are no longer supported in modern windows. If you use original media you need to patch or no cd crack the game in order to be able to use it.