VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by WDM37x7YHs23F1s&oc7p

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been able to successfully install and play Traitors Gate on Windows 7 x64. I have come across issues and I have been able to resolve them. I would like to share my discoveries with anyone willing to play the game.

• In order to play the game it is required to install QuickTime codec. The game CD is bundled with QuickTime 2.1.2, 3.0 and 4.0. The game installer suggests to install 2.1.2 + 3.0 or 2.1.2 + 4.0. Don't install any of them. Instead, install the latest version of QuickTime 7.7.9 or QuickTime Alternative 3.2.2. Not only the game will work better but it will fix audio distortion that occurs with the older versions of QuickTime.
  • The game requires a disk (physical or virtual) to be inserted in order to launch. The disk has to be inserted in the very first drive. If you have a physical CD-ROM or DVD-ROM and a virtual drive, and you want to launch the game from a virtual disk, then you have to disable the physical drive or change its alphabet letter to be after the virtual drive letter. So, for example, if your physical drive has letter D and your virtual drive has letter E, then you have to change the physical's drive letter to F. It is extremely important, otherwise the videos won't work so you won't be able to play the game.

Reply 1 of 1, by Rwolf

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What version of the game are you using? I tried my own CD-based Best Buy setup with the QT Alternate on Win7/x64, but could get the game to launch - just complained about 16-bit incompatibility, which is the usual case with 64bit windows.
(The installer of course failed to install the bundled 16bit versions of QT3, but there was no suggestions or menus.)

edit: I may have to install an XP patch at least, mine is v1.0 and wants Win95/98 only.

edit2: I found *some* patches, but as my version is a Scandinavian one, it needs a special patch it seems, which is not available on archive.org - as it was hosted on an ftp server. I have to dig through some old PC gamer CD:s to see if they copied it.