Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Small world... hello Lucas!

I am really eager to see the CT1330A you sent me 😀

I meant one is better to make sure these days that the goods are not radioactive (airports are checked but other shipment methods are not always safe).

I know that Japanese traders are very honorable, no doubt.

"Ita in vita ut in lusu alae pessima iactura arte corrigenda est."

Reply 21 of 27, by lucasdaytona

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jolaes76 wrote:
Small world... hello Lucas! […]
Show full quote

Small world... hello Lucas!

I am really eager to see the CT1330A you sent me 😀

I meant one is better to make sure these days that the goods are not radioactive (airports are checked but other shipment methods are not always safe).

I know that Japanese traders are very honorable, no doubt.

Hello!

Such a small world isn't?

I bough a LAPC-I to a friend two months ago (incredible purchase, complete with breakout box, manuals, box, unused, you could see the card shinning!, for only 180 USD...)

I tested it on a 386 DX 40, without issues, I bet you are having problems with the -5V as the people are saying, as the SCC-1 a LAPC-I work without any driver, just select it on the Game, and you're ready to play. but I remember having problems when using her with a SB-16, some noisy problem, but it worked perfect with the (now yours) CT-1330A.

Good luck, and any problems, please tell.

Your card is almost in Hungary,

about 4 days in the sea is more than enough!

http://websro.correios.com.br/sro_bin/txect01 … I=RJ342779523BR

See ya!

Reply 22 of 27, by endre1952

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't have an LAPC-I anymore, but I'm not missing anything! The CM-64 is a bit noisier, but otherwise will work just like a CM-32L if you execute sysex to shut off the CM-32P part. I mean it's compatible with all LAPC-I games.

Reply 23 of 27, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jolaes76 wrote:

Well, I feel uneasy about keeping irradiated devices at home, that is for sure.

You understand that Fukushima Prefecture isn't the whole of Japan right?

Sure, I wouldn't eat a fish that was caught in that area, but in all honesty, your package probably absorbs more radiation on the plane ride over than it would in years on the ground almost anywhere in Japan, even today.

Mass media has predictably created hysteria over the incident. Irrational concerns like this vindicate their behaviour.

Buy Roland synths from Japan, god knows their economy needs all the help it can get!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 24 of 27, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you absolutely cannot find a PSU with a -5V supply, then wire a 7905 regulator to -12V line. Even modern ATX PSUs supply -12V.

http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/ - Nerdly Pleasures - My Retro Gaming, Computing & Tech Blog

Reply 25 of 27, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:
You understand that Fukushima Prefecture isn't the whole of Japan right? […]
Show full quote
Jolaes76 wrote:

Well, I feel uneasy about keeping irradiated devices at home, that is for sure.

You understand that Fukushima Prefecture isn't the whole of Japan right?

Sure, I wouldn't eat a fish that was caught in that area, but in all honesty, your package probably absorbs more radiation on the plane ride over than it would in years on the ground almost anywhere in Japan, even today.

Mass media has predictably created hysteria over the incident. Irrational concerns like this vindicate their behaviour.

Buy Roland synths from Japan, god knows their economy needs all the help it can get!

Where is Akihabara located? If I ever go to Japan, that's going to be my first stop.

Reply 26 of 27, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Squallstrife, sliderider.

I salute your bravery. I still think that in this particular case even the mass media cannot overreact the seriousness of the threat. In 1986, my wife lost a cousin shortly after he had returned from Chernobyl and my sister-in-law was also born with a permanent illness, thanks to our f****** commie leaders who kept the catastrophy secret. Even weeks after the incident, when they could not hide it any more, all media was forced to publish/screen false weather forecasts to deny the north-eastern wind.
Bottom line, you can never know what you get, how much you get from the fallout. My sympathies for all who lost everything in the Fukushima havoc.

Great Hierophant,

thanks for the suggestion, in the meantime I also found that piece of information on the PSU conversion. My skills are too poor for that but can hire a technician, of course.

"Ita in vita ut in lusu alae pessima iactura arte corrigenda est."

Reply 27 of 27, by natsuto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

CM-64 is another option. The CM-32L and the other the PCB. The only difference is it to attract more power and slightly more noise, but it is not obvious.

otterbox cases