VOGONS

Siemens Scenic Pro 5

Topic actions

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How in the name of potato do you disassemble this crazy thing?

SDC11968r.jpg

Reply 2 of 12, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's floppy drive drives me crazy 😀

Reply 3 of 12, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I cant seem to find anything on google, as if its top secret or something. I tried some force, but that wont work.

Absolutely no screws or anything, i mean i know how to remove the cover, it says lift and pull, but the front panel is blocking me.

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 4 of 12, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Forced it open, a bit of damage, not much, silicon gun will fix this.

Reply 5 of 12, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi there 😀

What was damaged? And can you now see what you were supposed to do to open it correctly?

BGWG as in Boogie Woogie.

Reply 6 of 12, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The plastic gotten dry and fragile from time and the part that holds the bumps in got broken.

It was held in place by them, so to open it you need to take a screw driver or something wider and gently lift the top mask of off them, same on the sides.
I can take a picture if you would like.

I will open and close this PC many times in the future, so i dont mind.

Reply 7 of 12, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's just that sometimes , when we can't get a manual anywhere , in order to open a proprietary case we have to force it open only to discover how it could be done correctly.
Also solved my "case" (eheh) with the same method, it is an IBM, but thanks 😉

Only thing I found so far was the page for the motherboard D943

Reply 8 of 12, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, sad thing. We should document such cases, just in case some one else needs the info.

Reply 9 of 12, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is that one of those round keyholes in silver circle on the upper right? Having the key and unlocking it would probably be the first step towards opening it. Locks were put on computers specifically for the purpose of thwarting thieves who might steal the RAM sticks or other parts inside.

Reply 10 of 12, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

😉

Still, if your mboard is D943 and you still haven't found the page I can send it to you, it only has the switchs for the fsb and multipliers, and the IRQ assignments.

Reply 11 of 12, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@ Slinderider

That keylock is for the sliding green plastic, ive checked. The way to open it is to pus the plastic on the top up and on the sides as well, there is nothing on the bottom.

@ Filosofia

I found some 58kB pdf too, but sure, send it away!

Reply 12 of 12, by Filosofia

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Why does sometimes new posts on a thread are not signaled? If I participated on a thread, every time it has new posts the icon becomes lighter, a few times it doesn't. Sorry I didn't realize this sooner.

The file I have is also that size in pdf, its only one page and is bilingual (looks like deutsch and english), the title starts with Systembaugruppe.