VOGONS

db50xg soundfont?

Topic actions

First post, by LUCiTE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣, hey guys (and girls), total n00b here, just got into DOSBox recently trying to find a way to play Descent on my current PC, and stumbled upon this cool little website.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a DB50XG-ish soundfont that I could load into my SB Live!, or even better, my iBook. I like the sound of the DB50XG but have no idea where to find one and get it working with XP, etc. etc.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

even if you could get the samples out of a db50xg, you would never get the 3 dsp's it uses to apply effects, it will sound dull... perhaps you can get yamaha's software synth, I think it is named: SWY50XG or something...

Reply 2 of 11, by LUCiTE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yeah I can't find the sw50xg download...all the hits I find are pointed to Yamaha's japanese website, which I can't read 😉

Reply 3 of 11, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

emule

Reply 4 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ed2k://|file|YAMAHA%20XG%20SoftSynthesizer%20S-YXG50%20Ver.4.23.14%20WDM%20for%20Win98SE.ME.2K.XP%20.zip|15700472|ADE0BED8E2417459545A82B074D728FD|/

Reply 5 of 11, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey! is that legal? Illegal content isn't supported here. I think most p2p could not be legal. 😠 😒

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 11, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A Yamaha soft synthetizer can be found on install disc of Final Fantasy VII for PC. Also, you can find an update in the install disc of Final Fantasy VIII.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 7 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

legal ? not sure either, but I thought: anyone can download emule and do a simple search, but why download something wrong? so I just gave a valid result... delete it if not right, please 😊

Reply 8 of 11, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If it included with some games, it may be valid. I am not still sure. 😵

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 9 of 11, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't think so. Maybe Eidos got a license to distribute the software, but it's still copyrighted. I was only pointing where the synthetizer can be found. Final Fantasy VII and VIIII were pretty popular.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 10 of 11, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's also Roland Virtual Sound Canvas, but that IMO doesn't sound as good as SYXG50

Reply 11 of 11, by LUCiTE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cool, thanks for all the replies, guys.

I dunno whether I should use the ed2k link because if it's still a commercial product then ehhh, its illegal.

Technically.

So yeah. But thanks anyways. Very helpful.