VOGONS

First post, by CKeene

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Someone gave me a practically brand new Packard Bell 486DX2 66MHz PC a few weeks ago. It spent most of it's life in the original box and is in perfect shape. Not a scratch on it, so I decided to make it my official classic gaming system. When I opened it up though I immediately noticed a serious issue. The riser card that holds all the ISA and PCI slots is missing. That means no sound card. It has built-in video but without sound gaming is no fun. I have checked eBay for the riser cards but all I find have a different connector. This one has two slots that the riser plugged into. Anyway it's a Packard Bell 660CD and uses an LPX motherboard. Is there any chance of ever finding one of these cards or was it some PB proprietary thing?

Reply 2 of 2, by Lord Nightmare

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a pile of spare riser cards at home which I was looking to strip for parts. Email me and I'll send you images of them, so you can figure out which one you need. I have at least 3 of them in at least two different types, and i'm pretty sure at least one came from a packard bell.

Lord Nightmare
lord(underscore)nightmare(@t)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net