VOGONS

First post, by Converter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have a question about Tomb Raider I & Unfinished Business. How can I have ambient sounds when I run those two games from the hard drive? When I run the games everything is working nicely except ambient sounds. I tried Glidos in the past but unfortunetely it didn't work for me. I don't know why. 🙁 So I just gave up on it. But is there any other way to make the ambient sounds from the CD working on the hard drive?

Thanks a lot.

Reply 1 of 2, by Kaminari

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In a nutshell, no. There's a "no cd" hack hanging around, but it doesn't work.

Converter wrote:

I tried Glidos in the past but unfortunetely it didn't work for me. I don't know why. 🙁

Have you asked for help in the proper forum section? Glidos supports CD and MP3 playback.

Reply 2 of 2, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Converter wrote:

Hi,

I have a question about Tomb Raider I & Unfinished Business. How can I have ambient sounds when I run those two games from the hard drive? When I run the games everything is working nicely except ambient sounds. I tried Glidos in the past but unfortunetely it didn't work for me. I don't know why. 🙁 So I just gave up on it. But is there any other way to make the ambient sounds from the CD working on the hard drive?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

actually you can, but the setup is a bit odd.

First you need to make an ISO/CUE image of the Tomb Raider CD-ROM; I have used CDRWIN 3.9f for that. Load the TR image saved in your HDD with a CD-ROM emulator, such as Daemon Tools. Then change the CD-ROM drive letters from control panel so the emulated drive gets assigned the first CD-ROM letter, and reboot. Or, alternatively, switch off your computer and disable all your CD-ROM drives (I unplugged the IDE cables attached to them), reboot and make sure that you don't have any CD-ROM physical unit enabled on your system. Finally, run Glidos and Tomb Raider / Unfinished business will play CD-audio tracks from the emulated drive.