VOGONS

First post, by LUCiTE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

🤣, hey guys (and girls), total n00b here, just got into DOSBox recently trying to find a way to play Descent on my current PC, and stumbled upon this cool little website.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was a DB50XG-ish soundfont that I could load into my SB Live!, or even better, my iBook. I like the sound of the DB50XG but have no idea where to find one and get it working with XP, etc. etc.

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

even if you could get the samples out of a db50xg, you would never get the 3 dsp's it uses to apply effects, it will sound dull... perhaps you can get yamaha's software synth, I think it is named: SWY50XG or something...

Reply 5 of 11, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey! is that legal? Illegal content isn't supported here. I think most p2p could not be legal. 😠 😒

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 11, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

A Yamaha soft synthetizer can be found on install disc of Final Fantasy VII for PC. Also, you can find an update in the install disc of Final Fantasy VIII.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 7 of 11, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

legal ? not sure either, but I thought: anyone can download emule and do a simple search, but why download something wrong? so I just gave a valid result... delete it if not right, please 😊

Reply 9 of 11, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't think so. Maybe Eidos got a license to distribute the software, but it's still copyrighted. I was only pointing where the synthetizer can be found. Final Fantasy VII and VIIII were pretty popular.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 11 of 11, by LUCiTE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Cool, thanks for all the replies, guys.

I dunno whether I should use the ed2k link because if it's still a commercial product then ehhh, its illegal.

Technically.

So yeah. But thanks anyways. Very helpful.