VOGONS

First post, by stealthbr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys , i really don't know if here is the best place to post this question but i could'nt find anywhere else.

Is it possible install my geforce 6200 with that old voodoo 2 cards ?
I thinking about get one voodoo 2 to play old glide games with full compatibility , but im afraid there is some incompatibility. Any Help ?

Reply 1 of 9, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It shouldn't be a problem, but there's really no drivers for voodoo2 for recent systems. Before putting in the board, you might wanna try some glide wrappers first...a few of them have a pretty high compatibility with games.

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 3 of 9, by stealthbr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys , i tried to make this setup:
I took my Diamond Monster 3d [Voodoo 1 card] from my retired Pentium 100 and put on my Semprom 2200 , the voodoo card was linked with my Geforce 4 MX 440 and i installed the drivers. I was happy 'cause till now everything looked great , windows detected and installed my voodoo card with no troubles. But when i try to run any glide game , apparently my video gets corrupted and machie locks 😒 Any help ? I take a shot durig the corruption and put the image here: http://www.geocities.com/mlstuffs/damnit.jpg

Reply 7 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Zeckensack's glide wrapper (google it) works great for Windows games that use glide. I've used it for Wing Commander Prophecy and Diablo 2. There are some progs that emulate DOS glide too. A Glide emulator will have superior image quality compared to a real Voodoo2 as well because 3dfx cards had some pretty poor texture filtering.

Reply 8 of 9, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe the this driver is simply not working right. Since there are no original 3dfx drivers for Win2000/XP, all existing ones are just hacks to get the hardware working with these OS. Did you also try the other WinXP driver available from the same site?

If none of them works, consider asking for help on the 3dfxzone forums.

Another workaround would be installing Win98(SE). The Voodoo drivers for this system are more stable, and generally it would work better with your old Glide games (not just concerning graphics).

Reply 9 of 9, by stealthbr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i installed windows 98 and tried with the original drivers and i got the same problem.
I start to think that the board was defective but i put in my old retired P100 with S3+ 1Mb and it works. I think there must be some incompatibilities between my voodoo 1 and my geforce 😒