VOGONS

First post, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi

I have an SB Pro 2, CT1600.

Is there any advice anyone can offer on installing the drivers in Win98? Windows just seems to pick it up as an Adlib comnpatible and does not assign IRQ, DMA or the right memory range.

Many thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I installed a Sound Blaster 1.5 in Windows 98SE without a problem. Windows can detect the device through the Add/Remove Hardware function, detecting non-PnP hardware. Just make sure that you know what the I/O, IRQ and DMA channel the card is jumpered to use, configure it in the device manager, and reboot.

Reply 2 of 5, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, thanks, have fixed it now - not quite sure what the problem was [whether the card had some problems, or whether it was just a conflict with IRQ7 for my printer port, which I suspect], but it works and that' s enough for me!

Reply 3 of 5, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, should have said - what seemed to happen was that once the printer port was disabled and I removed the SB Pro device [which was reporting a problem] rebooting led to Win98 installing it fine like you indicated - no driver disk needed.

Reply 5 of 5, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wonderful. NOw I have added a GUS ACE and they will not work together under Win98 [GUS ACE and SBPro2], so I have given up and installed DOS. They work fine together! Weird how easy the DOS setup was!