VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

hello!

I grabbed this from ebay ATI VGA Stereo F/X 16-bit ISA Video Sound Card and I was wondering if anyone has used it before or has some more info. I managed to get the latest drivers from a thai website too.
But I was wondering how does it perform.
I plan to use it inside my Amiga4000 , where I have also a 486 bridgeboard ( look it here Vortex: Golden Gate 486SLC )in order to save 1 shared zorro/isa slot.

Reply 2 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I received the card today 😁
it is full-lenght ISA 16bit, and actually also has the original YAMAHA YM3812 chip 😀
only prob to solve, is the audio output connector, because of small space, they decided to make a special plug with 9 holes, it is like a SVHS input....

edit: it also has a waveblaster connector!

Reply 5 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

this card has 2 sockets for the optional SAA chips, and the config prog has an option to test them (message while testing: SAA chips will play a few notes)
what are these chips? anyone knows????

Reply 7 of 14, by StickByDos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry for double post, I have a very bad wifi connection

Last edited by StickByDos on 2007-01-30, 19:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Type win to loose the power of your computer !

Reply 9 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

WTF!!!!!

the joystick port (what it appears to be one anyway!) carries audio-out!!!!!
OMG LAME!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 10 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

this card is impressive at least...
both sound and vga have their own eprom where they store settings, no drivers are required and it comes with a VESA2 tsr, it only supports ~10 modes, but it still is cool!

tried commander keen 6 , saw the scrolling prob! never saw that before!

Reply 12 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

it says ATI VGA WODER 28800...
interesting enough, it has 2 flash BIOS, to save vga and sound settings, both are controlled by DOS progs, the soundcard needs no driver whatsoever, you choose dma/address and line in settings and save to flash, and the vga can output pal/ntsc/ega/cga/vga-mono and a bunch of other modes too, saves settings in flash and become available on boot time... interesting stuff!

here is the ATI pages on the card: http://web.archive.org/web/20011006015311/sup … rds/vgasfx.html

keen games have crap scrolling, is there any fix???

Reply 14 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

unfortunatelly that does nothing.... only tried keen6, but it has it in options, makes no difference at all.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website