VOGONS

PCEm. Another PC emulator.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 148 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd recommend QEMU over Bochs, personally. Bochs seems more like a reference emulator to learn and pick apart from with a focus on being in C for as many platforms as possible rather than something usable for general purpose, which makes me believe the people that recommend Bochs never used it themselves.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 156 of 1046, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, if you take out the battery or have a defective one 😀 Try using the AMI 486 Clone bios instead, which should show up with some better Y2K compliance.

Last edited by leileilol on 2013-07-11, 02:48. Edited 3 times in total.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 158 of 1046, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SarahWalker wrote:

This isn't going to change unless someone comes up with a UM8881F datasheet, and to be honest it's not something I'm that concerned about - the AMI BIOS on my site largely works, and there are other boards that can be emulated.

I have a knack for finding stuff like that. Is there anything else you are looking for?

Likewise, if there are any datasheets you struggled to find but eventually found while working on PCem, would you mind sharing them?

I'm starting to lay the prepwork for MESS's PC-emulation datasheet collection, I wouldn't mind killing two birds with one stone...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto