VOGONS

PCEm. Another PC emulator.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 160 of 1046, by SA1988

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

this emulator is really great, but it still has issues when displaying the boot screens of Windows 1.x and Windows 2.x in EGA/VGA/SVGA (640x200 16 color mode), whereas MESS hasn't and I think I found out where the issue is in the source code, but I'm not sure.

Reply 163 of 1046, by SarahWalker

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote:

I have a knack for finding stuff like that. Is there anything else you are looking for?

Off the top of my head :
* UM8881F datasheet
* ALI1429 datasheet
* Gravis GF1 datasheet, if such a thing exists. Mainly to fill in the missing gaps between the GUS SDK and the Interwave datasheet
* Any documentation on the IDT C6/Winchip family which includes instruction timings.
* Anything giving PCI config registers for Trident TGUI-9440 and ATI 88800GX (Mach64),

Likewise, if there are any datasheets you struggled to find but eventually found while working on PCem, would you mind sharing them?

I don't have that much I think, probably nothing that isn't easily available :

* Analog Devices AD1418K
* Intel i430VX
* S3 ViRGE
* SiS496/497 (as mentioned somewhere above)
* Tseng Labs ET4000/w32i and ET4000/w32p
* Yamaha YM3812 and YMF262

Reply 165 of 1046, by SarahWalker

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It means you need a 1mb AWE32 ROM dump at roms\AWE32.RAW. There isn't a proper error message because I haven't yet figured out how to deal with sound cards needing ROMs (though it should put an error message in pclog.txt). It should work if you have the dump though, albeit only in DOS/Win3.x at the moment.

Reply 166 of 1046, by kekko

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

AWE32 emulation encouraged me to give this emulator a try.
after built and setted up everything, I noticed I can't find the rom dump I remember I had on my hdd many years ago.
this sound card is a piece of history in my youth.
no hope to get that rom in another way?