VOGONS

Proprietary 3D API's

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 83, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lot's of informations here... I currently use ATI 4.10.2440 on my onboard RageIIc. I am using Win95b with DX5 drivers installed.
I do not want to upgrade to a higher DX-Version because games that require DX6 do not run on that low end machine either.

The RageIIc does not support opengl, so there is no way of getting gl-doom/gl-quake to run in it. I use winquake/doom95 instead.

Are there better drivers for my setup? what would be you recommendations? Does the RagePro Tweaker 1.0 support the RageIIc?

Thx
Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀PowerMac 6100-66/Houdini 486/66 - G4 Cube 450/Rage128pro OS9.0.1 - Macintosh LC/Apple IIe Card OS6.0.8 - Acorn A4000 Archimedes - Unisys CWD 486/66 + Aztech Washington

Reply 81 of 83, by marxveix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

RageIIc does not support OpenGL, but it is possible to use OpenGL wrapper, it should work. RagePro Tweaker versions are mostly for RagePro.

RagePro Tweaker version 1.0 to 1.2 has readme with this info , under rage2.
This release of the Rage Pro Tweaker does not detect what type of card you have. Some of the 3D options will work, and the overclocker should work - except for the reset to defaults option. The opengl drivers do not work on the Rage II or II+ so the opengl options will not work.

Use also Rage2-Tweaker, but it may need some extra files for windows. I have more experience with RagePro, my first graphics card. I have tested Rage2c with Direct3D and 3DCiF just little, it works, but i would like to get more fps, at least without overclocking and tweaking. Rage Pro has PCI and AGP option, it is possible to disable integrated graphics and use some available free slot for faster graphics card.

I have not used 4.10 dx5 drivers now, dx7a setup file seems not that big ,compared to dx6.1 and dx5.0
http://falconfly.3dfx.pl/directx.htm

I uploaded all three RagePro-Tweaker versions and one Rage2-Tweaker here to download.
https://www.upload.ee/files/12871985/rage2-ra … weaker.zip.html

Good that we have RageXL working 3DCIF driver, Thin clients and server motherboards have RageXL integrated graphics, also rage2c and rage pro on older motherboards.

I have HP t5000 series thin client - t5300 with transmeta crusoe tm5600 cpu and ati xl graphics, this would be nice dos and win9x machine, it just need bigger ide 44-pin dom and then i am ready to start. Usb 1.1 is bit slow, but for mouse and keyboard it is good and even for usb stick, it is sometimes ok.
https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t5300/

Reply 82 of 83, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thx, I really love that machine and I like the RageIIc because it offers native Win3x drivers. Amithlon seems to works too.
I have only two PCI-Slots, one is equipped with a PowerVR (PCX1) card, the other is used with a ESSSolo1 PCI.

Greetings
Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀PowerMac 6100-66/Houdini 486/66 - G4 Cube 450/Rage128pro OS9.0.1 - Macintosh LC/Apple IIe Card OS6.0.8 - Acorn A4000 Archimedes - Unisys CWD 486/66 + Aztech Washington

Reply 83 of 83, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Has anyone ever got more than 16colors in Win3x out of the Rage2LT-Pro.
Even WFW-Drivers, patched VESA-Drivers do not work. I only get garbage on screen.

Doc