VOGONS

2 questions

Topic actions

First post, by maxrebo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have 64-bit vista and have indys desktop adventures and get a 16 bit error when I try to play it is there a way around this issue. I now this aint a very old game yet but I recently purchesed tom clancy's rainbow six rouge spear platinum pak and when i try to play it says rouge spear stopped working and has closed yet rainbow six 1 works do you know how to get it to work.Yes I have tried the vista fix patch too and it did nothing.

Reply 1 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

64bit Vista doesn't support 16bit apps. You need to install VMware/VirtualBox or Virtual PC and then a 32bit OS in those VM programs to play 16bit games on 64bit Vista.

I don't know about the Rogue Spear Platinum Pak but oridnary Rogue Spear with the expansions work fine on Vista. You may need to use a NOCD patch.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 5, by wildweasel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You could try; I'm not sure if activation keys are exchangeable between 32 and 64 bit versions of Vista...just don't try using your mom's activation key, unless you want a DRM headache.

wwsig2-button1.pngwwsig2-center.pngwwsig2-button2.png

Reply 5 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Most 16bit apps should work fine on Vista 32bit. I've had some issues with some 16bit apps on 32bit Vista that didn't like Vista's NTVDM, for these apps I had to use Vmware/VirtualBox/VirtualPC/DOSBox even on 32bit Vista.

Also if you have 4GB of RAM or more then you will only be able to access 3.2-3.6GB of RAM on 32bit Vista.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline