VOGONS

Cannot identify a sound card!!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by redblade7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

GoldStar is the "G" in LG. I (my parents) had a 286 DOS machine by them when I was little.
No sound card though...

-redblade7

Rogue Central @ coredumpcentral.org

Reply 21 of 22, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PowerPie5000 wrote:

Thanks for the link! there does not seem to be any FCC ID number on this sound card 😖 ... after more looking it could also be an Aztech sound 4 or sound 3 card! I may as well bin this one and buy a Yamaha OPL3 based ISA card 😁

I had a Packard Bell P150 system years ago and I can tell you they used the cheapest parts available. I wasn't able to carry anything over from that machine when I upgraded because it was all crap. The only thing I was able to get away with with that machine was kick up the P150 to a P200 after I read somewhere that all P150 chips are really P166's running with a slower bus and the vast majority of P166's can handle overclocking to 200mhz easily.

Reply 22 of 22, by redblade7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
sliderider wrote:

I had a Packard Bell P150 system years ago and I can tell you they used the cheapest parts available. I wasn't able to carry anything over from that machine when I upgraded because it was all crap.

We had a Packard Bell dot matrix printer that didn't have a driver, after getting Windows 3.1 we needed "emulation" by using drivers for other printers by IBM and Epson, which would rarely work properly, or use "Generic Text-Only" which wouldn't allow graphics. 🙁

On our friends' Packard Bell computers with Win 3.1, I noticed they had their own Progman.exe. Don't remember though.

-redblade7

Rogue Central @ coredumpcentral.org