VOGONS

First post, by CosmoJoe2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings!

I am in the process of putting together a box for Glide gaming, to revisit some classics from the past. I obtained 2 Voodoo2 cards from eBay, however, they did not come with any cables 🙁 If memory serves me, I actually need two pass through cables for SLI; one to link the two cards and then one to output the signal to my VGA card, is that correct? I did not see any pass through cables for sale on eBay; can I just go to newegg or something and buy VGA extension cables? (1 male, 1 female connector...) or is the cable proprietary in some way?

Thanks in advance!

Reply 2 of 3, by CosmoJoe2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks a bunch; wanted to confirm before I make any purchases. At a quick glance, most of them seem to be 6' or longer.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?It … 7-209-_-Product
I will keep looking online and see if I can find a shorter one.

So comical. A few years ago I did a purge of old junk I had in some of my drawers and I'm sure I tossed a few of these out, including my SLI cable. Now here I am, looking for them at a time when they are practically museum pieces 😉

Reply 3 of 3, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some of the "normal" long VGA extensions actually provide a better picture quality than those cheap cables that originally came with Voodoo cards.