VOGONS

First post, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, and thank for a god program DOSBOX. I have used it for 2 years with my old DOS Schema drawing program. It use an Hardware Dongle and I use Porttalk 2.2 and Allowio to get contact to LPT.
Now my new PC has NO lpt onboard, and therefore I bought a PCI lpt port, but porttalk can't find the LPT ports.
Are there HELP ?
I run Windows 7 32 bit. On and old PC we have tried to install Windows 7 also, to see ef Windows was the problem, this Old PC HAS LPT onboard, and Porttalk works 100% OK.
Therefore it must be connecting problem the PCI. Hope for someone to help me. Thank VERY Much. Mail adress. aggersund@gmail.com
Regards Per
PS. The ports MUST be ECP, which we SET in the BIOS on the old pc.
Have tried 3 different PCI cards. 🙁

PH

Reply 3 of 27, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again,

Yes I have done it.

(From the Conf.file

parallel1=reallpt ec00
parallel2=disabled
parallel3=disabled

But adress EC00, I dot know if it is supported.

Regards
Per

PH

Reply 5 of 27, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

LPT1 should usually be port 378h I think. Look for jumpers on the LPT card.

Also, check your bios and disable any LPT ports there. That would free regular addresses. Mind you, bios setup is intended for internal chipset ports only. You cannot configure current addon pci card with your bios.

Reply 6 of 27, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again,
Yes - My problem is that there is NO lpt ports on Motherboard, therefor I have NO chance to make something in Bios. There are NO jumpers on the 3 different PCI cards I have bought until now 🙁

But I have found out, that if I run DOS BOX in Windows 95 mode or 98 mode, it seem the DOS BOX find a port, but then thre is following message:
"THE PORT AT 0x387 IS NOT A ECP PORT:" so mayby DOS BOX can se the port, but again it must be set uip for ECP port, else hardware lock can't work.
I have to tell yoy, if I boot up on a USB disk in dos 6.22, on run a program which was delievered with the PCI LPT port called SUNDOS, then i can run my ols DOS program, that mean that there must be "connection" to the port, if I run direct in dos. Of course I have tried to run SUNDOS in DOSBOX, but i do not work 🙁 HELP
If someone can make a little program, I am ready to pay for it.
Regards
Per

PH

Reply 7 of 27, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Then this isn't an DOSBox issue but an issue with your PCI card(s) and Windows 7 or most likely porttalk.

Why don't you just use the PC with the integrated LPT port for the specific function you need?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 8 of 27, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I can't use the old PC, because many things, it has nu acces to where files are locatet. The old PC is about to die I think, but if someone can tell wher to buy a Motherboard with onboard LPT, I WOULD DO THAT.
Yes maybe it Porttalk which is the problem.
Thanks
Per

PH

Reply 10 of 27, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

so why cant you run dos on the new pc
did the card come with any software to set it into ecp mode

solution 2: is the company still in business perhaps they can help? maybe supply an exe that doesnt use a dongle if its an old prog they may not care anymore about copy protection

solution 3: how about a usb to parralell adapter
solution 4: is there a newer version of the program or perhaps a different program that can read the files

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 12 of 27, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all.
IO list in device manager sayes:
I/O EC00-EC07
I/O E880-E887
IRQ 0x00000011 (17)

There are DOS software with the PCI card. Works if I boot ob a DOS 6.2, USB disk, but not under DOSBOX
The program is called Schema III from Omation Texas from 1980, they don't exist anymore 🙁
Maybe I can try USB adapter, do You think this is better ??
There are no new program, and I need to use this program for a few year, then i will retrack from working.
Maybe a solution is to find a "hacker" which can make the program running without hardware lock. The dos program only
fill 39kB - Yes 39 kilobyte.
Regards
Per

PH

Reply 15 of 27, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for helping. Still it does nor work 🙁
Have tried both solutions. The error message is.
"The port at 0xe880 is not a ecp port."
So maybe it have found the port, now it must be changed to ecp ..... but how ?
Thank all for helping
Regards
Per

PS. Moving againg to PC Section *sigh*]
How to do ?

PH

Reply 17 of 27, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again, and thanks for helping me. I have tried all combinations EC00 to EC07 but still "The port at 0xe880 is not a ecp port."
So I tried with another PCI Card from Sunix type 89004, but still the same problem. 🙁 🙁
Hope it is possibel at all. Thanks
Per

PH

Reply 19 of 27, by ph_elec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. On the Sunix card, only one IC Called SUN1888 the PCI card has type 140024.
The Delock card also one IC called Moschip MSC9815CV and below F13RN-000
Thank for helping
Regards
Per

PH