VOGONS

Looking to build or buy a DOS ONLY gaming platform

Topic actions

Reply 141 of 151, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

uhm. long good posts (in a long thread) are preferred above a collection of one line posts of all the same author.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 142 of 151, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Qbix wrote:

uhm. long good posts (in a long thread) are preferred above a collection of one line posts of all the same author.

Exactly. I -always- edit my posts if I want to add more (which is exactly the point, you want to add more, so I add more to my old post!).
The only exception would be if the last post is really old (maybe at the very least least a couple of weeks maybe?) or I got something really significant to add.

I'm not sure what else to add about this. We've explained a couple times, yet sometimes people "just keep doing it". Then whats the point of trying to explain when someone sais "Ok" and simply keeps doing it??
Someone sais "Yes" and then does "No" like nothing happened, makes me feel like that person isn't even trying.

Reply 143 of 151, by EscapeVelocity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Long posts and more conversational. Gotcha.

Maybe I should start a new thread, because this one is beyond hope?

I can gather information and links out of this thread and amalgamate them into a couple of posts to start the new thread, holding a couple of spots for pictures as well. Those few starting posts could be updated, and we could have long post conversations after them.

Reply 144 of 151, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
EscapeVelocity wrote:

Long posts and more conversational. Gotcha.

Maybe I should start a new thread, because this one is beyond hope?

I can gather information and links out of this thread and amalgamate them into a couple of posts to start the new thread, holding a couple of spots for pictures as well. Those few starting posts could be updated, and we could have long post conversations after them.

Hint: What I do is download info and links to my private offline database. That way I always have what I need if ever I find myself without internet 😉

(Off topic: Even though, being foreign, I find the spelling checker to be of great use...but what's wrong with the word "internet"?!?!?)
Edit:Ok, it seems it wants to be spelled like so: "Internet" 😵

And yes, a new topic like you described could be a good thing. Just be sure to post a link in both topics and tell that this is the old thread, "if you want to respond, post it in -link to new thread-"

Reply 146 of 151, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

EscapeVelocity's new thread:
Re: Building the Ultimate Win9x/DOS Retro Gaming Machine - Redux

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 149 of 151, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dosmuffin wrote:

Why use DOS? Windows 98 SE is better. It's built off of DOS, not NT. You can even restart in true MS-DOS mode 😉

Please refer to this thread instead of posting here to keep having 2 threads running in parallel.
Link: Re: Building the Ultimate Win9x/DOS Retro Gaming Machine - Redux

If you're asking about DOS or 98SE, then it might be a better idea to just create a new thread

Report spammers here!

Reply 151 of 151, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
dosmuffin wrote:

I was asking the OP why should he use DOS when Windows 98 SE is better...

Better ask here Re: Building the Ultimate Win9x/DOS Retro Gaming Machine - Redux instead of necroing old threads.
Even the topicstarter you're asking your question to, have you read his last post? Seems clear enough he wanted this thread to die.

Report spammers here!