VOGONS

First post, by chalio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😁 HI MY NAME IS ROSALIO MORENO IM FROM GRAND JUNCTION COLORADO, I NEED SOME HELP TRYING TO CONFIURE A USB PORT WORK LIKE A COM PORT, I HAVE A PROLIGHT 2000 MILLLING MACHINE THAT USE A MS DOS COMPUTER TO BE ABLE TO RUN. I HEARDED THAT THE DOS EMULATOR IS A GREAT TOOL FOR THIS PURPOSE BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO CONFIGURE MY WINDOWS VISTA COMPUTER TO BE ABLE TO COMUNICATE WITH THE MACHINE, I BOUGHT A USB/ 9 PIN CONECTOR, THAT I CAN PLUGGED IN THE USB PORT ON THE COMPUTER, FOR THE MACHINE I HAVE A 9/25 PINS RS232 CABLE.

I RAN THE PROLIGHT 2000 SOFTWARE ON THE DOSBOX EMULATOR AND IS WORKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! 😁 BUT I CANT GET COMUNICATION BETWEEN THE COMPUTER AND THE MACHINE.

IM VERY NEW IN ALSO THIS COMPUTER STUFF, SO ANY HELP IT WILL BE REALLY REALLY APRECIATE IT
THANKS
ROSALIO MORENO.

i need some help trying to set up a prolight 2000 milling machine by using the dox emulator on a windows vista computer

Reply 1 of 5, by chalio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am Sorry about making two post of the same problem, it is my firts time using this page so i was a little lost.

I am not sure what it should be the best way to explain the problem, as far as my poor knowlegde on computer goes, this is what im facing

i have a Prolight 2000 milling machine that use a MS-DOS compatible computer as a controller.

The RS-232 receptable is used to interface the machine controller electronics with the computer.

comunication can be set by usin the 9 pins comunication port (COM1 by default), i do not have a com port on this computer only usb ports, thats why i bought the usb to 9 pin conector.
what i undestand is when i run the prolight software the firts thing that it does is stablish comunnication by COM1 to the 25pin conector that is on the back of the machine, right now i have no comunnication between the computer and the machine, i have used this machine before with a windows 98 computer but that computer is not working anymore bcuz of its age.

i can try to post some pictures, but i dont know how.
thanks

i need some help trying to set up a prolight 2000 milling machine by using the dox emulator on a windows vista computer

Reply 5 of 5, by chalio

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you guys for the reply, i had read the information so i will put it on practice this weekend and i will let you guys know how i do it, and if im able to fix the problem