VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anybody knows where is possible to get spacers between an midi synth daughterboard and soundcard? Ive bought an nec one with yamaha chipset on it, but its only connected with the wavetable connector. And need some spacers for an full mount..

Reply 1 of 4, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd be interested too. I found I had some but they were too long - I think they came with one of those boards.

Been thinking about cutting down some matches or cocktail sticks 🤣.

I think the subject came up on queststudios but I never found out where they could be got from. Not sure if I just saw it mentioned but couldn't find a link or what it was, but I think somebody on there found a source.

Reply 2 of 4, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They're just PCB standoffs. You should be able to get something vaguely similar from any decent electronic component supplier. Some are fastened by screws from the other side of the board, others are the push-to-lock type. Depends what you want.

(of course you should probably get nylon ones so you can cut them to length, not brass as used for your motherboard!)

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 3 of 4, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dk … dll?Cat=2098158

I get all my parts from digikey. stupid fast and cheap shipping + reasonable prices keep me coming back.

The learning curve of using their website has been known to make lesser men cry though...

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 4 of 4, by Markk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had a certain type of motherboard spacers, those you place between it and the case. On the one end it was like a screw, so it could be easily placed on the sound card, and the other end could be fitted on the daugterboard. And I think I've used only one, one the opposite corner of that close to the wavetable header.