VOGONS

Reply 40 of 42, by jmrydholm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I use one of those joystick to midi cables on my AWE32 card for both my Rolands. For my laptop, I use one of those silver colored USB to midi cables with the led indicators that let you know when midi data is sent or received. Those are available all over Amazon.com. Very helpful! As my laptop uses Windows 7 and has a built-in Realtek card for sound, I ended up having to use "Putzlowitch's Vista Midi Mapper," which lets me choose a sound device like on an XP system:

http://www.sierrahelp.com/Utilities/SoundUtil … IDI_Mapper.html

Also posted previously here on VOGONS:

Vista Midi Out Solution Discovered!!!

I highly recommend using it if you have trouble on Vista/7.

"The height of strategy, is to attack your opponent’s strategy” -Sun Tzu
“Make your fighting stance, your everyday stance and make your everyday stance, your fighting stance.” - Musashi
SET BLASTER = A220 I5 D1 T3 P330 E620 OMG WTF BBQ

Reply 41 of 42, by veggies

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, unfortunately it looks like the $40 Roland UM-ONE mk2 cable didn't help anything. I'm also not coming up with any results that anyone else has experienced this issue. I could make a recording of what's happening, but basically over the course of about 10 seconds, the sound gradually becomes horribly off key and disjointed. Not sure what else to try. 😒

Reply 42 of 42, by maverick85

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i'm looking at getting a japanese sc55mkii import to the UK. what will i need to make sure its compatible power wise for the UK?

ASRock 98
Win98SE Desktop
ASRock
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz
1 x 512MB 667 MHz DDR2
Soundblaster SB0100 + Altec Lansing ADA885
ATi Radeon X800XT 256MB GDDR3
1 x SATA 120GB HDD
1 x SATA DVD-RW