VOGONS

First post, by F_Slim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I have a new PC running Windows 7, but I want to use my old controller, which is an old CH Throttle control. This thing has a bunch of programmable buttons to simulate keyboard inputs, and is connected to the PS/2 between keyboard-plug and the PS/2 port on the PC.
In principle everything works, all axis of the Throttle and attached Joysticks work, and also the currently assigned buttons on the Throttle work fine.

Now the problem: the configurator-software to change the buttons is a DOS program. Windows 7 (64 bit) refuses to start the software no matter what.
In DosBox I can load the program, but it does not recognize the Throttle.
I assume that there is no direct "connection" between DosBox and the PS/2 port?
Does anybody know a workaround or solution to this?

Thanks in advance!

--
F_Slim

Reply 1 of 3, by rug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi. I'm not a geek or anything, but here's a suggestion: boot with a DOS floppy disk, and run the software from there?

Cheers,
Rita Graça.

My DOS machine: MS-DOS 6.22, Pentium MMX 200MHz, 64MB RAM, AWE64 Gold, 4GB HD, Philips 19" CRT, 3"1/2 Floppy, CDROM, Parallel ZIP, ThrustMaster FLCS+TQL+Elite.

Reply 2 of 3, by F_Slim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

well, if modern PC would still have floppy-drives this would be a better world I guess, unfortunately they don't 😒 😁
I tried booting FreeDos from USB, but that didn't work out ... I have an idea what I did wrong and will try that again though, or check if their Live-CD is any good. Probably I'll try to set up a real DOS 6.22 USB Drive ...

--
F_Slim

Reply 3 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F_Slim wrote:

I tried booting FreeDos from USB, but that didn't work out ... I have an idea what I did wrong and will try that again though, or check if their Live-CD is any good. Probably I'll try to set up a real DOS 6.22 USB Drive ...

I don't see why you would expect DOS 6.22 to work any better.

As I recall, SystemRescueCD provides you with a ready-to-boot floppy image from its boot menu. You can install it to a USB drive and even replace the floppy images with ones of your choosing.