VOGONS

Reply 20 of 23, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I also bought a couple. It often makes sense because of the bulk shipping. Often it's just a dollar more for an extra CPU. So might as well buy them all 🤣

I also bought a couple for Pentium 200. They are a bit rarer, thought not really hard to find. Not as fast as the MMX models, but the top Pentium for many Pentium boards (the ones that aren't compatible with MMX).

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 21 of 23, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

I also bought a couple. It often makes sense because of the bulk shipping. Often it's just a dollar more for an extra CPU. So might as well buy them all 🤣

I also bought a couple for Pentium 200. They are a bit rarer, thought not really hard to find. Not as fast as the MMX models, but the top Pentium for many Pentium boards (the ones that aren't compatible with MMX).

Yup, exactly the same here! 😁

Another reason for me to get all 9 of them was because 1)I was hoping there would be a couple very new steppings in them and 2)because I also intended to try out overclocking them (and perhaps try out the 4x multi experiment, which may bust some of the chips).

I also got a couple of the 80502200's, because they are the fastest single voltage chips available (Yes I know, winchip is more Mhz, but not necessarily more speedy 😜 ).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 22 of 23, by flooperke

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Btw whats with the Tag ram issue? is HX board better than 430TX??
IS coast better than onboard burst SRAM

(and i own 2x Verite 2100´s 4MB)

Reply 23 of 23, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
flooperke wrote:
Hi all, […]
Show full quote

Hi all,

Btw whats with the Tag ram issue? is HX board better than 430TX??
IS coast better than onboard burst SRAM

(and i own 2x Verite 2100´s 4MB)

Hello 😉

It's going a bit off topic but the short answer is: TX is newer then HX and has features like SDRAM support. However, HX is the only Intel SOcket 7 chipset that can cache more then 64MB RAM 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!