VOGONS

First post, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi,

there are a lot of Lists that count PC-Games witch can be run with 3DFX Cards. But a lot of Lists are mixed up with real Glide, D3D or OpenGL.

This Thread is only for *G*L*I*D*E*-SCREENSHOTS

So please post your 3dfx Game Screenshots in GLIDE only. Every Game that supports Glide-API out of the Box, or got a patch later is welcome.

*** Please do not post Screenshots of OpenGL oder D3D Games that run with a 3Dfx Card ***

Dos-Glide or Win-Glide are welcome. Please add the Version of the 3DFX Card and the Main PC-Specs.

e.g.:
- Unreal 1 (Glide-Mode) with Voodoo2-SLI @ P2-300 256MB Win98SE 3Dfx-Reference-Driver

Greetings
Doc

Attachments

• logo_3dfx.png
    Filename
    logo_3dfx.png
    File size
    12.84 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 8, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There does not exist a Glide-ONLY Gameslist, neither a Glide-Only Screenshotthread in the entire Internet. If somebody wants to play Retro-3Dfx Games he will get a good advice what 3dfx was all about. Though 3dfx-Cards run D3D and OpenGL but GLIDE was THE UNIQUE CARACERISTIC.

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 6 of 8, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I guess you could use some kind of vga capture card to take screenshots, or maybe through a Vga s-video adapter -> tv capture card ( loss of resolution ? ) . Or is there a "smarter" way ?

Reply 7 of 8, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hypersnap has some special post processing for Glide captures

HyperSnap-DX 4 has some post-capture processing tools that may improve some captures should they not appear as desired. To enabl […]
Show full quote

HyperSnap-DX 4 has some post-capture processing tools that may improve some captures should they
not appear as desired. To enable automatic post processing of these captures, check this box and then
select the type of processing you wish to have applied. These are performed based on the type of capture
you're making, and are designed to improve the appearance of captures from these various hardware
types based on our knowledge of "typical defects" gotten from their images.

You must first select the type of graphics controller you have installed.
None, unknown, or other than listed below - defines a "generic" post processing environment.

1x4 filter for 3dfx Voodoo 1, Voodoo Rush, or other Voodoo 1 based cards - optimizes processing
based on the characteristics of the images generated by these boards.
2x2 filter for 3dfx Voodoo 2, Voodoo Banshee, and Voodoo 3 based cards - optimizes the post
processing based on the characteristics of the images generated by these boards.

Reply 8 of 8, by elfuego

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dr.zeissler wrote:

There does not exist a Glide-ONLY Gameslist, neither a Glide-Only Screenshotthread in the entire Internet. If somebody wants to play Retro-3Dfx Games he will get a good advice what 3dfx was all about. Though 3dfx-Cards run D3D and OpenGL but GLIDE was THE UNIQUE CARACERISTIC.

Glide-ONLY gamelist would be very, very short indeed. I remember maybe only one or two games that absolutely required Voodoo to run, one was a racing game (very ugly one at that) that came with some V2 in box and some DOS fighting game with a funny name that I never played in my life.

But if you extend the list to Glide-Compatible games, then you can indeed find a list on the net: here http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1758 and here http://www.falconfly.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl … =1266692177/0#0

You are welcome 😅