VOGONS

First post, by Starlight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi im new to the forum, im not sure if im posting this in the right section.
But i bough a steelseries game controller to play Games on my netbook.
I downloaded the 3gc installation Nd i tried testing it first before playing.
looks like all the buttons were lighting up. but once i go to a ROM game.
it didnt work. idk what im ding wrong.. Im trying to play
AN SNES emulator.. I also have Emulator for N64, n gameboy advance.
would the Steelseries work for these emulators on my Netbook?
i need help setting it up.
what do I do?

thanks in advance.

Reply 3 of 10, by Starlight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i have Project64, VisualboyAdvance, Znsesw, N Nestopia as emulators to play old games on my netbook. Im not sure of the input, i checked to see if it worked and when i test it the lights were glowing, but when i want to play a game it doesn't work on any of the emulators I have, I checked.
idk if it has to do with a setting, but if anyone knows who can take me to the right location of the setting to put I appreciate it

Reply 4 of 10, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In ZSNES, when you first open the emulator, click the config button on the blue bar at the top then click Input in the drop down menu. From there, you can set up the controls.

Other emulators should have somewhat similar configuration dialogs. Look around in the menus and settings dialogs.

Reply 5 of 10, by Starlight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks gxl, im a try that, i was in the option section playing with the keyboard/control, Ill try n do what yu said, thanks if im still havin problems i'll post

Reply 6 of 10, by Wolf spider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There are some programs on the net that remap controller buttons to be keyboard keys allowing you to play with a controller even with games that don't support controllers.

Here's a link:
http://electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20E … h%20Version.htm

May not work but you can give it a try (it worked for my steelseries controller)
I think after you remap your controller you leave the app running on the desktop but you might be able to minimize it.

SPYWARE: junk coded by spies
TRASHWARE: Junk coded by oscar the grouch
FREEWARE: Junk coded by people not in jail
WARIOWARE: awesome junk coded by Wario

Reply 7 of 10, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No need to remap keyboard keys. A standard USB gamepad or joypad is all you need. I use BSNES (more accurate vs. ZSNES), Mame, Fusion, WinVice and they all work with USB input devices.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 8 of 10, by Wolf spider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

true, but it could help with other games and things as well (like oblivion which doesn't let you look around with the controller)

SPYWARE: junk coded by spies
TRASHWARE: Junk coded by oscar the grouch
FREEWARE: Junk coded by people not in jail
WARIOWARE: awesome junk coded by Wario