VOGONS

First post, by jim78b

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i have a lcd monitor i hate thath new monitorssmooth image,i want reproduce old crt in my win xp desktop and autocad how i can sharpen more image, toggle interpolation?

Reply 1 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Usethe monitors native resolution and turn off cleartype.
Or buy a used crt

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Please make sense.
Because what should I do? And why are you asking about flatness of crt? Don't you know what a crt monitor is?

Reply 5 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Because you refuse to make sense. If you mean with "we are speaking in spare time" that you are only joking then please get lost.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Could you at least try to make sense?

Reply 12 of 16, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So you hate the blurry image on your LCD, is that what you're getting at? Use a DVI port (if your graphics card supports it) instead of VGA, or use your monitor's "auto-adjust" function.

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 13 of 16, by jim78b

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i have dvi port! but i out from it with a vga converter , i use a vga normal cable it is correct?shall i see more sharpen?

but i remember i saw lcd monitor which pixel matrix are more big possible?i prefer pixel matrix more big. modern led monitor are not similar.

excuse another one for my english!

Reply 14 of 16, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

There you go. Connect the lcd directly via dvi to dvi. Modern lcds all have dvi ports and if you connect that to the dvi port of your graphics card it should be sharper. If either the pc or the lcd don't have a dvi port you are out of luck, get a new graphics card or lcd 😉
Good catch by pippy, wouldn't have thought of that