VOGONS

First post, by e-man

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have an old Pentium 1 - 166 mhz for my dos games.

It's running MS-DOS 7.1 (7.10.1999) and windows 3.11.

I had a Soundblaster 16 CT2910, but decided to get another card because of incompatability with Adlib. I bought a EWS64 XL which should work with dos and windows 3.11 (according to the box and manual).

The bad thing is, it's missing the installation cd's and the dos driver is not on the Terratec FTP. Whenever I search for google the only thing I get are viruses and toolbars or versions for windows 9x.

There should be an installer which creates a directory called C:\EWS64 with the driver files, anyone here able to help?

Reply 4 of 5, by e-man

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did send retrogames100 a message, but if anyone knows the solution please don't hesitate.

B.t.w. If a moderator sees this topic could (s)he please move it to Marvin? I'm new here and didn't notice this was for emulation only.

Reply 5 of 5, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm very sorry that I haven't had time to respond to various messages/replies on Vogons recently. Some thoughts about this topic are:

* AFAIK, the Terratec FTP site has all the software you need.

* AFAIK, for DOS, you run the W95 installation exe.

* Regarding resources (from PM message), try removing everything from your mainboard except the sound and video card. Also, go in to your mainboard's BIOS set up area, and free up as many resources as you can find. The EWS64XL is very resource hungry.

* Regarding the programming of the card (from PM message), there's an EEPROM programmer .exe on the Terratec FTP site. It's found inside one of the EWS64XL sub folders.