VOGONS

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hello, i am having problems with CT1350B.

When i insert it into my PC, the HDDs do not start, and there is no picture on the screen.

I tried using IRQ 3, 5, 7 / hex 220 240

But the computer wont start.
Any one having any ideas?

Its a card with out CMS and with FM.

--

Also, my SB PRO2 , CT 1600, is having a similar issue.
Only it wont get recognised by the driver program.

Reply 1 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Either both sound cards are faulty or the motherboard is.
- Do the cards work in another pc?
- Do other cards work on your motherboard?

you dont't need anything special to put a SB in a pc, even if there is an IRQ conflict that won't stop the pc from booting.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sound blaster CT2230 PRO 3 works perfectly.
As well as AWE64 GOLD, Terratec EWS64S, Vibra.

Only CT1350B makes it not respond at all, not even a picture on the screen.
As for CT1600 drivers can not detect it.

Reply 5 of 9, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Take the Virge out, use a different card!

Not saying that's the deifnitive answer but i've had a bad virge too, it wants to be picky (as if deceleration wasn't bad enough)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

a thought occurred: what about the -5v line on the psu? both cards AFAIR need -5v, maybe (most likely) Stojke uses an ATX psu without this line?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 7 of 9, by shspvr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

a thought occurred: what about the -5v line on the psu? both cards AFAIR need -5v, maybe (most likely) Stojke uses an ATX psu without this line?

Usedly that shouldn't have any thing to do it if it was reg 20 pin and not newer 24 pin or 20+4 pin ones
The PSU had more Amps/watts on 3.3, 5 Volt and were designed to draw most power from thoses rail that why you have to watch for are ATX12V 2.xx PSUs beside you only need 200/300 watts any way
Beside keropi the other sound card not be work as well I think it maybe some else but then it be the psu but really hard to say if the case with out seing everthing he has.

Reply 8 of 9, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ True but I have seen ATX1.0 psus that don't have the -5v line (mainly cheap ones that came with pre-built systems, plenty of them here...) It would worth checking this also just to rule out possibilities....

Reply 9 of 9, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey guys, it seems it was an error with my memory module.
Once i replaced the faulty SD ram module the computer started normally and recognized my CT1350.

I am moving the card into my OptiPlex GX1 500 and will test it from there, since this PC it is in now will be sold.