VOGONS

First post, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just picked up an ISA-based Roland SCC-1A card but I'm having some problems getting it to work. I have it plugged into an available ISA slot, but it doesn't seem to be recognized by Windows 98SE. I already jumpered the card to use IRQ7 and modified the SB16 PnP config (through Windows) to use IRQ 5, DMA1.

I configured DOOM to use Roland Sound Canvas or GM using port 330, but I can't get any sound. Do I need some type of external cable to connect the SCC-1A to my ISA-based SB16 PnP?

Reply 1 of 6, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Sound Canvas should be at address 330 and IRQ 2 or 9 I believe.

Make sure the Sound Blaster 16 has the MIDI Port at 300 or something that isn't 330.

Also boot into MS-Mode to see if you can get Doom or some other game to work with it.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 3 of 6, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, that's correct. It won't automatically output through your other sound card. You will need a cable from the SCC-1A into the line in on your other sound card.
Alternatively, you could get a mixer so you can output both cards into the same set of speakers.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 5 of 6, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

And congrats to your purchase!

Just so you know the SCC-1 also has a Roland MPU401 interface so you can drive a Roland MT-32 if you ever want to!

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel