VOGONS

First post, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

To day some old friends of my Grandmother brought me some old junkers and junked parts. A old HP that had one of the original cacheless celerons yet the board had jumpred settings for multiplier and fsb. The second rig came with a working HX socket 5/7 board with a 133 P1 😁

The Bad, there were two lose boards and one was a GA-BX2000 that was smashed 😵 The build that had the HX board well the side panel and part of the face plate was missing which is a shame that it could have easily been one of the best looking AT cases that I've ever seen.

Sorry no PoverVR, 3DFX, or any thing else nice but one ESS audio drive. ES1688f

Reply 3 of 9, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RacoonRider wrote:

No one does these things to me... Why? 🙁

Ask around and you never know who might have some junk systems they don't want or need to get rid of. Don't be shy about getting rigs that have been out in the rain.

Reply 4 of 9, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been gifted yesterday! Yahoo!

An old friend of mine decided to get rid of some old CDs, so he gave me everything connected with games. 10 CDs total.

6 of them suck (You're lucky if you don't know what terrible game releases russian pirates sell for $3-$10),
3 of them are legal, so I'll keep them:
*GTA 2! Hell yeah!
*Total soccer 2000 (okay, I'm not a football fan, but I'm gonna keep it)
*Gromada (1999 RTS, Bethesda Softworks)

The last but not the least is a pirated release of Fallout 2 with a very nice translation. The thing is, the official Fallout 2 release in Russia was around 2008, but it was translated by numerous fans earlier. I'm going to keep this one too.

The rest are going to "The changers", the place where for $1 you can leave one CD and grab another one you like. 90% of CDs are pirate releases, but some strange guys leave legal games there, mostly kids, I guess. I almost got Silent Storm at one of those places today, but CD2 was missing, so it was not going to happen 🙁

Reply 5 of 9, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RacoonRider wrote:

6 of them suck (You're lucky if you don't know what terrible game releases russian pirates sell for $3-$10)

Hey now...

Classic Fond is a Russian pirate release, and it fucking rocks!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 6 of 9, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hehe, I have only one experience with russian pirate releases. One of my friends had been to Moscow on vacation and he came back with a lot of games. I was only interested in X-Wing: Alliance, but it just crashed on the first mission. Total crappy quality. Later borrowed a legal version which worked perfectly.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 7 of 9, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

One of my mates went to Thailand and came back with a bag full of obviously pirated games in jewel cases with inkjet-printed labels.

One of the games had in small print under the main picture: "If you think this game is pirated. don't tell anyone. Instead use the money you saved on this game to buy beer, food and smokes". 😀

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.