VOGONS

First post, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, i have two problem with a SB Live! card, first, I'm using this SB live in a Thin Client Futro S220, and i have the problem i explain in another thread, that i ANY sound card don't have sound output (speaker,line out..)

I discover something incredible.... the digital SPDIF give me output sound!!! i test only in windows 2000, and everything OK

Now my questions>

In DOS, the drivers works OK, but i cant find the way to have DIGITAL (SPDIF) output

After install the SB live! DOS drivers, i have a new folder in C:\DOSDRV, and inside this folder i found a ini CTSYN.INI, and the last line, have a option

DigitalSpeakerEnable=FALSE

y change to TRUE

But still not digital output.... ANY IDEAS??? thanks

And second question

The SB lIve! in Windows 98SE, only give me blue screens (emu10k1 problem)

I tried everything, old, new drivers (1998 to 2001 drivers), cyrix patch, VIA PCI latency path, MMX=1 in register option... etc

With newer drivers, the card is detected OK, and no conflict in resources

But every time i play any sound, i get a blue screen, complain about emu10k1 vxd driver

any ideas about this?

And last, if is not possible to make this sound card to work... any alternatives?

Im looking for a PCI sound card with digital SPDIF output, and good support for DOS.... ideas?

thanks for all, sorry for all trouble

Reply 1 of 3, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
theelf wrote:

With newer drivers, the card is detected OK, and no conflict in resources

But every time i play any sound, i get a blue screen, complain about emu10k1 vxd driver

The "newer" drivers should be WDM drivers and not VXD (which tended to crash much more easily than WDM drivers). Perhaps you did not completely uninstall the old drivers before you installed the newer drivers?

Reply 3 of 3, by vintagegames

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
In DOS, the drivers works OK, but i cant find the way to have DIGITAL (SPDIF) output […]
Show full quote

In DOS, the drivers works OK, but i cant find the way to have DIGITAL (SPDIF) output

After install the SB live! DOS drivers, i have a new folder in C:\DOSDRV, and inside this folder i found a ini CTSYN.INI, and the last line, have a option

DigitalSpeakerEnable=FALSE

y change to TRUE

But still not digital output.... ANY IDEAS??? thanks

I also never got this to work. My guess is that it is simply a bug that was never detected by creative because they did not really care about all the details of DOS support for the SBLive. Which is really a shame.

I notice similar issues with regard to enabling line-in (mic works but distorts e.g. MT-32 input) or the LiveDrive.