VOGONS

First post, by pruman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have about 3,000 3.5" floppies comprising a PC shareware collection downloaded from BBS's from the late 80s to early 90s, the bulk being from around 1992-1994.

I realize there is probably a lot of stuff here of historical interest, but I have no time to transfer it. I've transferred 20 or so just out of curiosity and the majority are shareware utilities and programs, with some games and a couple of commercial game demos, along with random stuff like images or text files.

If anyone in the Southern California area has an interest in transferring these, let me know. Otherwise I've found a place locally that will pay me $0.05 each for these.

I also considered eBaying them as media mail shipping is quite inexpensive, but don't know whether it would be worth the effort.

Reply 4 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

give archive.org a chance like the previous members said 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 7, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

give archive.org a chance like the previous members said 😀

Completely agree, would be a shame if this just got thrown out.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I too think it would be a shame if it went to waste, but if everyone sent archive.org all their old floppies, they would be drowning in them. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLe_n4xN9vw linked from Archive.org CD collections .

I think eBay would be a fine idea.

Reply 7 of 7, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If anything else I would contact the http://www.computerhistory.org/ since you are in the same state maybe they could send someone out to collect the disks. Look at it as a chance to make a real meaningful contribution to society.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.