Topic actions

First post, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://en.expreview.com/2012/10/26/amd-fx-835 … 6ghz/24814.html

Not bad for all 8 cores.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 13, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Slow?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 13, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

...in 2036 people will be coming to this forum asking "hi can I run crisis 1 in windows 16" and all the "retro games" will be like metro 2033 and crisis.

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 10 of 13, by dosquest

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

On a side note, did you really get your avatar removed lel? Damn that one was around for years, are the mods getting too picky now?

Doom isn't just a game, it's an apocalypse survival simulator.

Reply 11 of 13, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
dosquest wrote:

On a side note, did you really get your avatar removed lel? Damn that one was around for years, are the mods getting too picky now?

You didn't consider the possibility that the lei changed it ?

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 12 of 13, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I never understood the point of these extreme overclocking experiments. I would think that the fastest overclock that you can get away with and still use the machine on a daily basis would be a whole lot better than 8ghz on liquid nitrogen, something that you would never be able to actually use for more than a few minutes at a time without spending a ton of money on coolant or destroying your CPU/motherboard.

I would be much more impressed with a much lower speed that is actually usable mounted in a case using high performance air cooling or even a liquid cooling system that is readily available to most people.